About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Boots

I am not somebody who becomes excited by shoes. Even when I had two biological feet, shoes were merely something that I slipped on to protect my feet. I had friends who were borderline shoe addicts, stashing new styles and colors into their closets as if they were treasures. I tended to kick my shoes off at the bottom of the stairs so I knew where they were in the morning. Style and fashion had little to do with my choices. Since I became an amputee, my utilitarian perspective towards footwear has only exacerbated. 

Imagine my surprise last night when I found myself giddy over a pair of boots. These aren't any boot, they are the new Ariat EZ Zip boots. Instead of using shoe horns, plastic bags and an assortment of tools to cramp my prosthesis into unforgiving footwear, these boots were designed specifically for amputees. 

I have given up on wearing boots more than twenty years ago. I have one boot that I wear in the snow to protect my biological foot, but it has been too frustrating to try to get the match onto my prosthesis. I love the idea of wearing matching shoes in the snow and bad weather.

Perhaps more than just matching in the snow, I love the idea that I can match my boot-loving boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment