About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Helper Phase

I am over-the-moon with the decision to 12-15 year olds access to the Covid vaccine. I can't wait for Robby to receive his first dose. (He is less than thrilled with the needle jab.) Even though we still have to be careful to protect Timmy, adding another immunized person in the immediate family is such a relief.

While I relished in the vaccine news, Robby spent his day convalescing in front of his computer. His foot is still extremely sore and he feels pain when he bears full weight. I'm hoping that the pain begins to wane, because my Koopa is miserable. 

Timmy has stepped up to help while his brother is immobile. He loves fetching drinks, snacks and books for his big brother. He is already in the helper stage. Helping his big brother fills him with both glee and pride. 

I love his enthusiasm for being helpful. I hope it lasts, but I know that this stage is fleeting. I guess I will enjoy it while I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment