About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 10, 2021

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and gone. While I didn't do anything grand or exciting, I did have a nice day relaxing and feeling loved by the boys. I was able to sleep in, relax throughout the day and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. I still cooked all the meals, but I played the "Mother's Day card" and refused clean-up duty.

Timmy made me a card in school and was proud as a peacock when he presented it to me. I know that he was excited, because he also slipped a prized $1 inside. Robby helped me clean up outside and played me a special song on his guitar. Scott took care of the bickering and squawks for food etc. throughout the day, allowing me to completely unwind. 

I had fun at home, but part of me wished that I was in Pennsylvania with my Mom. We had been planning to see her over the weekend but I became tied up with projects on Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to see her this weekend, because a Mother's Day hug is way overdue! I may have the banner hanging on my porch, but she holds the title of World's Best Mother.







No comments:

Post a Comment