About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 07, 2021

Escaping to the Farm

Desperate to escape the wiggly tooth drama, yesterday I jumped at the chance to take Timmy to play at the farm. The weather was beautiful, a welcome change after a week of rain, and I thought that getting outside for a few hours was exactly what we needed to reset. Selfishly, I was also hoping that Timmy would stop obsessing about his tooth if he was busy playing.

My plan worked, and I had a wonderful (drama free) afternoon in the sunshine. Timmy thoroughly enjoyed playing and exploring. He stopped worrying about his tooth and, for the first time in nearly a week, I saw the anxiety melt off of his face. He was happy and carefree, which is exactly how a seven-year-old should feel.

His tooth is still wiggly and intact, but at least he has stopped obsessing about it. Hopefully he has put his tooth-anxiety to rest. If not, I know we can always escape to the farm.

 












 


No comments:

Post a Comment