About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Mr. Bill!

Sigh. Another day has come and gone, and Timmy's increasingly wiggly tooth is still attached. He is absolutely petrified by the change. Our efforts to assure him that this is normal, and to celebrate the loose tooth, have fallen on deaf ears. The kiddo is terrified and is determined that his tooth is not going to fall out. 

His efforts to keep his tooth have been nearly herculean. He refuses to use his tongue when speaking for fear that it will bump the tooth. He struggles to drink without using his tongue, and he is refusing to eat. I'm beginning to worry and I am not sure what to do to help him. At this point, I'm tempted to just wiggle it out when he is sleeping.

In the midst of the tooth drama, we had an unexpected visitor. Mr. Bill stopped by! My goodness, I have missed him. Having him sitting in my kitchen, munching on a cookie and regaling me with stories I felt a mixture of emotions. It was wonderful to see him, but I was also reminded of the void that his move has caused. 

Mr. Bill has survived two heart attacks and subsequent surgeries since we last saw him. After not seeing him for several months, it is easy to see his age creeping up. He is both slower and thinner, but his stories flowed without a hitch. 

Our visit was quick. He was traveling back to Florida to attend his grandson's graduation. As we were hugging him goodbye, I couldn't help but worry that this may be the last time he visits. I really hope I'm wrong!





No comments:

Post a Comment