About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 06, 2021

Still Wiggling

I am truly at my wits end concerning Timmy's tooth. It is still loose, and he is still fretting and scared. For a few hours yesterday I had him convinced that wiggling it with his tongue was akin to exercise (and hence motivating). Unfortunately it was short lived. 

I wish I knew how to help him. I don't understand his anxiety, but I accept that it is real. He is completely paralyzed by a wiggly tooth, rendering him unable to concentrate on his schoolwork or even games. Every night I go to sleep convinced that the tooth will fall out while he is sleeping. Yet each morning I wake up to see that it is still hanging onto his gum.

He isn't in pain, which is why I haven't rushed him to the dentist. He admits that it doesn't hurt, but that he is simply scared. Any ideas are welcome, because I am at a loss on what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment