About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 14, 2021

Ears

 Robby has certainly been put through the wringer this week. On Monday he had his toe surgery, which was both unexpected and painful. Yesterday he switched aligners (which is always uncomfortable) and he went to the ear doctor. 

We were not expecting the ear doctor to scrape considerable scar tissue. My Koopa was a trooper, but miserable. He has a habit of talking through medical procedures, mainly to keep himself occupied and to avoid hearing and seeing what is happening. During the procedure he ranted, "What's next Mom? This week my toe gets cut open and now this. Are you going to decide that my circumcision was too long and take me to get it shortened?"

The doctor had to stop the procedure because he was laughing so hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment