About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 17, 2021

Poison Ivy

After Robby's medically involved week, I suppose it was my turn to feel lousy. I woke up on Saturday with my eye swollen and my face itchy. I quickly realized that I had poison ivy all over half my face, in my scalp and across my neck. I spent the weekend wallowing in misery.

I went to the walk-in medical clinic on Saturday, where I was officially diagnosed and received a shot and a bottle of prednisone. Unfortunately the steroids take some time to work, so there was little for me to do but to stay still (movement seems to make my face hurt more) and quiet as I endured the rash vengeance all over my face. I felt itchy, ouchy and sick.

Hopefully the steroids will start to work today and the rash will begin to retreat. In the meantime, I look like I've been hit with an ugly stick. Did I mention I'm miserable?

No comments:

Post a Comment