About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 01, 2021

Rain

I was optimistic that yesterday would be better. I woke up deliberately cheerful, with a stupid smile plastered across my face. Nobody bought it, and the day soon spiraled into another tornado of frustration and anxiety. Thankfully I was able to check the situation before tears started to flow, so I am taking that as a victory. 

I am beginning to think that the issue is the weather and not me. It has been dreary and raining for what feels like weeks. We haven't been able to use the pool in so long that it is depressing. I miss playing outside, in the warm air and sunshine. Instead I am looking at rain, mud and mucky leaves. 

Today will be another day of heavy downpours. The remnants of Ida are blowing through our area, bringing several inches of precipitation to our area. I'm not sure our yard can handle more rain, but it is coming either way. 

Fingers crossed that nothing floods.

No comments:

Post a Comment