About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 30, 2021

Green Day

 This weekend was full of rock 'n roll fun. After nearly six months of practicing with his band, it was time for the big performance. Friday night he was a mixture of nervous energy and excitement as he readied himself for the big debut. I could tell by looking at him that he was leaning more towards excited, which is a wonderful improvement over the near vomiting he experienced before his first performance last year.

Even though he had a difficult time getting to sleep, he woke up quickly on Saturday.  Robby changed into his punk outfit and allowed me to do his hair and make-up. Since his band was themed on Green Day, he opted for green streaks and heavy black make-up. (I do have to admit that putting eyeliner on my 15 year old son felt a tad surreal and slightly comical.) By the time we were ready to head to the club, he looked awesome!

I wasn't surprised, but I was relieved, when Robby strutted onto stage with the confidence of a well-practiced musician. He did a great job on his songs (although I am obviously biased). I was so proud watching him play the familiar songs with his friends and band mates. 

It is hard to believe that the kid I was watching jam on stage was brought to tears 18 months ago during his first performance. He has grown so much since then, both physically and emotionally. Signing him up for guitar lessons is one of the best decisions we have made.














No comments:

Post a Comment