About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Pie Face!

It has been miserably hot and muggy. Unfortunately, yesterday was busy with work, school and chauffeuring Robby to his music lessons so we weren't able to swim. By the time I was finally done with everything in the afternoon the skies opened and storms rolled through the area. Sigh. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to play a little. 

I've been trying hard to contain my anxiety about the sudden increase for my assistance and attention. I definitely became spoiled over the summer. While I had to wake up early to work, I didn't have to focus on anything else. I worked, played, cooked and worked again. 

Now I feel like I'm chasing my tail just to stay afloat. I know that the dust will settle and my schedule will become comfortable, but right now I'm exhausted and frazzled. After working all day and into the evening, I was desperate for a little silliness. I called Timmy to the dining room and pulled out an old favorite- Pie Face. 

My day was busy and stressful, but we definitely ended with laughter.

*On a side note, Timmy would be delighted to gain subscribers to his YouTube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment