About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 23, 2021

New School Year!

Ready or not, the 2021/22 school year is officially beginning. This morning my Koopa starting 10th grade and Timmy is officially a 1st grader. My goodness, they are growing up way too fast! For a myriad of reasons, both boys are continuing with cyber school this year. 

Because their classroom will be our home, I spent the weekend cleaning and prepping their study areas. I ended up going down a rabbit hole cleaning and organizing. I spent Saturday night playing furniture Tetris in the living room. After multiple configurations I finally settled on a layout that works. Or at least, it works for now.

Yesterday I planned on relaxing and getting mentally prepared for the upcoming school year. Instead I ended up purging, organizing and cleaning our bedroom and computer room. After four hours and three ginormous trash bags were filled, the rooms look fantastic. 

The pencils are sharpened and the crayons are ready. Our laptops are charged and the printer is full of ink and paper. Bring on the new school year, we're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment