About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, August 20, 2021

Sunset of Summer

I am grateful that my leg woes eased after I rested and elevated for a few hours. Walking around with an ill-fitting prosthesis is miserable. While my morning was miserable, I'm so glad that I was able to regain some level of comfort throughout the afternoon and evening.

Today I woke up without pain, ready to tackle the world. Unfortunately the weather is still not cooperating. The skies are grey and the rain is steady. It looks like we are going to be spending the last official day of summer vacation inside. 

It is hard to believe that school starts for the boys on Monday. The summer has passed in a flash. Even though the time passed quickly, I smile when I think of everything that we experienced. From the WWII weekend to our fabulous Fort Lauderdale vacation followed by a Cousin Crew Adventure to Niagara Falls, we definitely created memories to last a lifetime. This was certainly a summer to remember!

I am going to miss the relaxed atmosphere of no due dates, tests or projects. I know that the next few weeks are going to be stressful, but I'm going to keep my head down and just trudge my way through it all. If history is a guide, everything will fall into a functional schedule in about two weeks. Until then, I just need to stay afloat.

No comments:

Post a Comment