About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 19, 2021

Bad Socket Day

Usually I wake up early, pop on my leg and start my day. I really don't think a lot about my prosthesis throughout the day. Unless I switch it to swim, I wear it for about 16 hours at a time without adjusting or removing. 

Unfortunately, today is not shaping up to be the norm. I have already adjusted my leg 6 times, and I'm still not comfortable. I don't know why, but it just doesn't fit correctly this morning. Regardless of its position, the socket is pushing and pulling against the nerve bundles in my limb. 

In a rare move, I am now sitting on the couch with my leg removed. I'm hoping that the nerves settle down and that the socket will feel comfortable when I step back into it. Fingers crossed the prosthetic fairies can work their magic while I'm resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment