About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Back on Mute

School started on Monday, but yesterday was Timmy's first virtual class with his teacher and classmates. He was excited for art and changed into his painting shirt almost as soon as he woke up. Wanting to him to be more independent with his classes, I helped him gather the supplies and log into his class. I then grabbed my computer to work in the kitchen while he was in class at the dining room table.

From what I heard, he seemed to be enjoying the class. He followed the teacher's directions and was able to stay on task. When his teacher asked the students to quickly find something small and round to trace, Timmy took off like a rocket down the hallway.

Because I was working on my own projects, I wasn't tuned into what Timmy grabbed to trace. When his teacher asked him what he found, he proudly held it up for everybody to see and said, "I found my brother's big boobie glass. It is round." 

Yikes! I jumped out of the kitchen stool and watched (in horror) as my sweet little boy was proudly showing Robby's novelty big busted bikini shot glass for his class to see. Almost immediately he was put on mute for the first, but certainly not the last, time this school year.




No comments:

Post a Comment