About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Failure

Despite my best efforts to stay organized and on track, yesterday my day went off the rails. I felt like I was chasing my tail from the moment I rolled out of bed. I managed to keep it together until early afternoon, but my day quickly dissolved. 

I don't know if Timmy sensed that I was out of sorts, or if he was feeling off as well. But seemingly without cause,Timmy completely melted down because of a relatively mundane issue with his computer. I tried to reason with him and calm him down for nearly an hour. Eventually, I hid in the bathroom and cried.

Seeing Timmy so frustrated broke my heart. I felt like a failure because I couldn't calm him down. Even though he eventually calmed and returned to "normal," I continued to tread water for the rest of the day. 

Sigh. I hope today is better. I don't like feeling like such a maternal failure.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment