About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 02, 2021

Flood Damage

Yesterday my social feed was filled with heartbreaking photos of the storm damage. Many of my friends' homes suffered substantial flood and wind damage from the recent storms. I was miserable dealing with another rain filled day, but knowing that I wasn't contending with floods definitely kept everything in perspective. 

My hometown received upwards of 8" of rain in a short amount of time. Thankfully my Mom's house is situated on a hill, keeping her well above any flooding. Her local roads are under water, along with the businesses along the way. 

I spent the day inside, working and worrying about my friends. The weather has been miserable! It was difficult to remain upbeat, so I figured I'd settle for muddling through. Today the rain will stop and we are supposed to have bright skies. 

I can't wait to play outside again!

No comments:

Post a Comment