About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 03, 2021

Refresh

 It is so wonderful to feel the sunshine and to play in the yard again. After what felt like a month of rain, waking up to blue skies felt like a utopia. Yesterday we worked all morning and headed outside to play through the afternoon. It is amazing how our moods are so influenced by the weather!

The temperatures suddenly dropped in our area, essentially finishing summer overnight. The next few weeks the forecast doesn't anticipate temperatures above 80 degrees. Soon we will be decorating for Halloween and raking leaves.

Unfortunately, the impending cooling temperatures means that our pool days for the season are over. Sigh. I'm going to be so sad packing it up because we had so much fun in it this summer. I know that the time is nearing, but it is a chore I am dreading. 

Scott is home from work both today and on Monday. After a month back at work, he is in desperate need of a rest and refresh. (That is the excuse I am using to justify keeping the pool up for another week or two.) 

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment