About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 25, 2021

Pumpkin Farm

This past weekend went by too quickly. It feels like I was just celebrating Friday afternoon, and now we are at Monday again. Even though the weekend flew by, we had a lot of fun and spent our time well.

Saturday Timmy and I spent the majority of our day outside, exploring, playing and swinging. Well, he was swinging. I was appointed the official swing pusher. By the time we came inside Saturday evening my arms were so sore I had trouble grasping a cup.

Yesterday we began our day by visiting our favorite pumpkin farm. The boys had a great time scouring the fields in search of the perfect pumpkin. After carefully weighing all of the options, the pumpkins were chosen and loaded into the wagon. Timmy chose a pumpkin that was nearly as big as him while Robby leaned more towards symmetry than size. I continue to be amazed by the differences between my boys.

After we came home from the pumpkin farm we dismantled the pool. I was sad to see it taken down, but I'm also glad to have our driveway reclaimed. We carefully stowed all of the pieces so (hopefully) assembly will be easy next year. (We decided to trash the liner and purchase a new one next year. I read that the liner can become brittle after it is used and dried out.)

Timmy and I spent a few more hours on Sunday playing on the trampoline and swinging. We definitely took full advantage of the gorgeous weather. Here's to a great week!








No comments:

Post a Comment