About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Bump

 Our beautiful weekend weather is gone, pushed out by heavy rain and strong winds. Of course, I didn't need a meteorologist to tell me that the weather shift was approaching. My leg was ouchy most of yesterday, a tell-tale sign of a weather event. I suppose a benefit of living with an amputation is the ability to accurately forecast approaching storms.

I spent the majority of the day adjusting my prosthesis, trying to find a comfortable fit. I knew that the issue wasn't the socket, but I couldn't help myself from constantly trying to make it better. With the weather clearing today, I'm hoping that my limb returns to normal. 

Unfortunately, the constant donning and doffing of my prosthesis caused some skin irritation behind my knee. It is a small bump right now, but I know all too well that it could quickly snowball into something more severe. I iced my leg last night which brought down the inflammation.

Fingers crossed that I caught the issue in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment