About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Denials and Messages

 I called my insurance adjuster yesterday, trying to nudge the process forward. As anticipated, I was directed immediately to voice mail. No worries though, because my message is important and she will be back to me as soon as possible.  If it weren't so infuriating I would have laughed. I have been dealing with this woman for more than a decade. I know that her messages are not important to her and that she will never get back to me. 

I would question how she has maintained her job, but in the eyes of the insurance carrier she is probably a stellar employee. She delays paying claims and issues denials like candy on Halloween. She saves them money, even if it is at the physical expense of the insured. 

Looks like I'll be working the phones today. I have been patient long enough. I need to elevate the situation.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment