About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Crafting Kitchen

The wind was wicked yesterday, forcing us to stay inside for yet another day. Thankfully icing my limb bought down the bump. My leg definitely improved but I am still not completely pain-free. I really don't think I'll get to completely pain-free until I have a new socket. Fingers crossed that my insurance adjuster is going to stamp approve soon, because I am growing weary of waiting.

After work was done for the afternoon, Timmy and I tackled some science and craft projects. He was in a creative mood and I was happy to oblige. He made a paper bag pumpkin, two little paddle boats, a glowing firefly and a large glob of slime. By the time we were done my dining room table looked like a cluttered art studio!

While Timmy and I were busy creating, Robby and Scott worked on tweaking the settings on the gaming computer. The pair spent hours adjusting settings that I didn't know existed. I am still not exactly sure what they did, but eventually they were satisfied with their accomplishment.

Today will be busy. Hopefully my leg continues to heal and, dare I dream, my adjuster approves my new prosthesis. I'm not terribly optimistic that my wish will be granted, but it doesn't hurt to hope!






No comments:

Post a Comment