About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 15, 2021

Goodbye Thomas

This weekend was spent purging my closet and cleaning the toy room. I realized that the holidays will be here before we know it and I needed to get the donations delivered so that they can be enjoyed by others this Christmas. It took me nearly five hours, but my closet is clear and the toy room is more manageable. We now have 9 contractor trash bags and boxes stuffed with items sitting in our driveway, waiting for the donation pick-up truck this morning.

I must admit, I was swept with emotions when I was packing up the trains and tracks. Timmy no longer plays with the Thomas trains, and it is time for them to be loved by another kiddo. Both Robby and Timmy loved their trains and I have so many wonderful memories building tracks and playing trains with them. It is hard to imagine walking through this house without navigating a train and track minefield.

There I go getting emotional again. Ugh! Watching the kids grow and learn is wonderful, but at times it feels like my heart is shattering as they pass through each stage. Being a Mom isn't for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment