About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

No New Leg- Yet

 Sigh.  

They say that all good things come to those who wait. In the case of my new leg, I hope that this is true. Yesterday we made progress on my socket, but after two hours I walked out of the office wearing the same leg I put on in the morning.

We made progress on the mold and, from the brief time I wore it, I believe it will be incredibly comfortable when the tweaks are complete. Because of Thanksgiving, I won't be able to pick up the new version until December. Yes, I am disappointed. However, I refuse to feel discouraged. 

I spent the remainder of the day getting caught up on everything I missed during the morning. Since I complete the majority of my projects in the morning, I was forced to play catch-up in the afternoon. Today we are back on track. 

It will be a great day, even if I'm still hobbling in an uncomfortable leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment