About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 12, 2021

Covid Vaccine!

Yesterday was a big day in our home. Not only was it my Walking Day (18th), but it was also the day that Timmy received his first Covid vaccine. With Scott home for Veterans Day, we were all able to accompany him to the pharmacy to offer support.

To my surprise, Timmy was excited about getting his shot. He was focused on everything that he will be able to do now that he is immunized instead of the jab in his arm. He didn't cry and, although I know it hurt, he didn't complain. I am so proud of him. 

I feel a huge sense of relief with Timmy receiving his first Covid vaccine. He is high risk and Scott and I have been living in "crisis protective" mode for nearly two years. While I know that we will continue to wear masks and practice recommended safeguards, it is reassuring to know that everybody in our family has another layer of protection.





No comments:

Post a Comment