About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

New Leg Day (soon)

 After what feels like an eternity, today I am finally getting casted for my new leg. To say I am excited would be an understatement. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning!

I have been hobbling around with an inadequate device for years. The pandemic, compounded with insurance issues, forced me to adapt to the discomfort. I'm looking forward to being pain-free and comfortable again. After "making it work" for so long, having a correctly fitting prosthesis will feel like a liberation.

I won't get my new leg today, but at least the process is starting. If everything goes as planned, I'll be comfortable by Thanksgiving. Talk about a fantastic way to kick off the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment