About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, December 06, 2021

Friend

Hamlet has been asking for a dog for nearly 3 years. I have delayed bringing a canine friend into the house because I knew that, despite everybody's promises, the responsibility for care would land on my shoulders. I felt like I had too many balls in the air to add a pup to the mix. 

Over the past few months, I have started to change my stance on a dog. I knew that Timmy would form an unbreakable bond with the pup, which would remain with him for a lifetime. After all, he is the perfect age for a dog. Because socialization is difficult because of the pandemic, I began to believe that a dog would help to fill the void of playmate. 

After much consideration and an enormous amount of research, I would like to introduce Friend Chenoweth. My Mom went and picked him up for me and delivered him yesterday. Timmy was initially confused about why his Nana was showing him a puppy. It wasn't until we began to drive home with the pup on his lap that he realized that he finally received his doggy.

He cried tears of joy for about 30 minutes. He spent the rest of the car ride talking to Friend about his new home in Virginia. He also sang him the ABCs and a made-up song about getting a dog, followed up by explaining that the sun was bigger than the earth. 

Friend is tiny- much smaller than we anticipated. I was under the impression that he was 10 pounds. This little guy is probably only 3 pounds after a big meal. Even the extra small harness is too big for him! A bonus of Friend being so small is that he isn't intimidating for the cats. Both Charlie and Kitty Kitty responded well to their new brother, which was a happy surprise. 












 


No comments:

Post a Comment