About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, December 03, 2021

Second Shot for Timmy

 Yesterday Timmy received his second Covid shot. He took the needle like a champion. By the time Timmy finished telling me that he was nervous the pharmacist was disposing of the needle and putting the band aid on his arm. I was so proud of him!

Unfortunately, and as anticipated, he had a rough night. It is hard watching him feel icky, but I keep telling myself that it is an immune response and that he is actually becoming stronger. A headache and a lack of sleep are a small price to pay, and in a few hours this too shall pass.

I suspect that today will be spent on the couch, binging The Polar Express and The Grinch movies. Hopefully he will be feeling better tomorrow. We are supposed to go pick up our tree, and it will be more fun if everybody is feeling fantastic. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment