About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 02, 2021

Change of Plans

 Sigh.

I let my excitement get ahead of me, and I think I jinxed myself. I spent the majority of my day feeling excited about receiving my new leg. I could hardly wait to try it on and to start walking. Even my kiddos were looking forward to seeing Momom's new leg. 

Unfortunately, in the middle of the afternoon I received a call cancelling my prosthetic appointment. Apparently the foot is on back order and they don't know when it will arrive. (I guess supply chain issues are also impacting the world of prosthetics.) So much for walking into the Christmas season in comfort. I felt so deflated!

Logically, I know that I can continue wearing this leg until my new one is ready. It is just frustrating to hit yet another snag in the process. At this point, I am going to try to forget about my new leg until I am actually wearing it. I don't think I can handle this level of disappointment and frustration again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment