About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 29, 2021

Holiday Wrap-Up

 What a wonderful Thanksgiving week. The days flew by but I know that the memories will last. I had so much fun with the kids and visiting with my Mom. Yesterday I was sad to pack up and leave, but I also knew it was time to return to reality.

After our getaway adventures, the fun continued with the Cousin Crew. Our Thanksgiving gathering was smaller than usual, but it was relaxed and nice to just hang out with my cousin and immediate family. After the chaos of traveling solo with four kids, the quieter Thanksgiving was a welcome change.

Friday morning Scott and I woke early and went shopping. We didn't have a lengthy Black Friday list, but venturing into the stores is a tradition that we didn't want to miss. By early afternoon we were back at my Mom's house and Scott was packing up to head home. (He returned early to have a few days of solid football watching before his vacation came to a close.)

At night I packed up the kiddos and we drove to check out the lights at a celebrated house near my Mom's. The light show did not disappoint! We sat in the cul-de-sac, mesmerized by the synchronized show. It was a great way to officially kick off the Christmas season.

Saturday evening my niece, my sister, Robby, Timmy and I headed to a local railroad. Not to brag, but we managed to score the highly coveted tickets to visit the North Pole. Timmy was ecstatic to be going on the train and was giggling throughout our trip. As an added surprise, Santa made an appearance on our train. Talk about exciting!

Sunday morning we woke up, packed our bags and headed back to Virginia. Today we return to reality. Hopefully the transition will be smooth!












No comments:

Post a Comment