About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, December 01, 2021

Closer to Comfort

Tomorrow I go to pick up my new leg. Fingers crossed that the test socket is comfortable and that I'm able to walk out wearing a new leg! It has been such a long road, filled with detours and obstacles. I'm so excited to restart the "completely comfortable" phase of my life. 

It is hard to fathom that I haven't been completely comfortable (for more than a few days at a time) since Timmy was born. I have been struggling for almost eight years! The revision/ re-amputation after he was born has completely transformed my amputee experience. I realized that I had been so fortunate to be comfortable for such a long time. One little change in a limb can totally destroy the comfort of the socket.

I am looking forward to jumping on the trampoline, running with Timmy and going through my day without thinking about my prosthesis. Hopefully all of those dreams will become a reality. I know it is possible because it used to be my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment