About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, December 09, 2021

Dog Person

Yesterday I received a text message from my prosthetist, letting me know that my foot has finally arrived. I felt a twinge of excitement but quickly tempered my enthusiasm. I have been on a "new leg" rollercoaster for years and, quite honestly, I'm not keen on another twist in the saga. At this point, I am going to maintain low expectations until I actually walk out of the office on a new leg.

My new leg will immediately put through its paces. Friend has us going outside almost every hour. Although he has certainly changed our routine, Friend is turning into an amazing family dog. Each day he plays and runs with Timmy. In the evening he curls up on my lap and sleeps. I never thought I was a dog person, yet here I am, living the dream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment