About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Friend

Yesterday everybody continued to improve. Fevers only present in the late afternoon and evening, which is to be expected. At this point, the main issue is going to be regaining strength. Unfortunately, I think it is going to take awhile until this house returns to normal.

Until everybody is full recovered, I'm doing my best to keep as low key as possible. While I haven't been sick, I am living under the assumption that I am also Covid positive. With the exception of enjoying long walks with Friend, I haven't left the house. In many ways, I feel like we are living like we did at the beginning of this frustrating pandemic. Thank goodness I have Friend to keep me company.

I completely underestimated how much I would love having a dog in our family. I resisted for years because I knew that the onus for care would land squarely on my shoulders. With trying to juggle so many roles, I wasn't sure I could add dog mom to the mix. 

It turns out to be the best thing I could have done for myself. This little dog is a furry little snuggle bug who is content to sit on me or next to me when I work. He follows me around the house with his tail wagging, happy to just be with everybody. Our long walks through the neighborhood have become my respite from the household realities of Covid. Instead of feeling like a chore, it turns out that taking care of Friend is both enjoyable and relaxing. 

I love his little pup!



No comments:

Post a Comment