About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Hovering

Everybody is slowly recovering, with the emphasis on slow. Robby's fever continues to hover around 100.5 while Timmy is holding strong at 100. Scott doesn't have a fever but he continues to feel fatigued and "off."  So far, I am still the last person without symptoms. 

Even though the boys are not feeling well, school work has resumed. The semester ends next Friday (it is a hard stop with no wiggle room for illness) and they have a lot of odds and ends that they need to finish. I am trying to pace them through their work without pushing them to fatigue or frustration. It is definitely a difficult wire to walk between asking too much when they are sick and them not finishing the semester. 

According to Scott's Covid policy at work, he will be off until sometime next week. By the time he does return to school he would have been off for nearly 6 weeks. Talk about a long winter break!

Today will be more of the same- juggling work, school and caring for the boys. By the time this is all over, I think I am going to need a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment