About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 10, 2022

A Very Long Week

 Last week was long, terrifying and exhausting. Both boys had high fevers due to Covid. I'm so angry because we did everything to keep them protected and safe, yet they still became infected. Logically I know that we didn't fail, but my heart aches that they were both so sick.

Timmy's fever began to fade on Saturday, allowing him to rest with more comfort and to begin to play. He still has a cough when he becomes too active, and his fever rises in the evening, but he is now functioning at about 80% capacity. 

Robby has been considerably sicker than Timmy. His fever went higher and stayed there for almost an entire week. Yesterday was the first time his temperature fell below 101.5. His cough is beginning to ease, although he continues to struggle at night.

After nearly a week locked away, Robby finally emerged from his room to shower and to sit with us at dinner. He continues to have no appetite (he probably lost at least 10 pounds), but I think he is slowly on the way to improvement. I suspect it is going to take him weeks to regain full strength. 

Scott is starting to feel ill, which is not surprising because of our close exposure. He is going to get tested today. Although I'm sure it will be positive I'm hoping that his symptoms are mild.  Covid stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment