About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Valentine's Day

 Happy Valentine's Day.

The holiday is not a big deal in our house (after all, it is filled with boys), but I have always enjoyed it. I realize it is definitely more of a female-oriented celebration, but I enjoy the pink hearts and fluffy teddy bears that fill the aisles after the Christmas clearances are over. My boys have a different perspective on Valentine's Day, but they humor me.

Timmy had his first Valentine's Day card exchange on Friday. As he was gleefully going through his overflowing box I could almost see his views on the holiday changing. It turns out all he needed to become a full-fledged Valentine's Day convert was a box of candy and small toys!

While I enjoy celebrating the holiday, I know that Scott does not. I have learned in our two decades together that he resents cupid and everything that February 14th entails. I hold no romantic illusions about the reality of my day. If I want to celebrate Valentine's Day, I need to make the magic happen. 

Since the Bengals lost last night in the Super Bowl, I know that Scott's mood will be glum. He has been a die-hard Bengals fan his entire life, and was beyond excited to finally see his team in the big game. Although the score was close and they played well, the ultimate loss is all that he will focus on in the coming days. Just as he doesn't understand my enjoyment of Valentine's Day, I can't relate to the results of a sporting event impacting a mood for days.

No comments:

Post a Comment