About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Sunny

My Valentine's Day went as well as I expected. Scott brought home a balloon (which Timmy quickly commandeered) and I made a nice dinner for everybody. Timmy received a geode kit and Robby was thrilled with his new pocket watch. (I gave Scott his gift, a Bengals blanket, on Sunday before the Super Bowl.) Our day was relatively quiet and uneventful, which was just fine with me. 

This weekend the hearts will come down and the shamrocks will be hung, but today I am just going to concentrate on work. I feel like we are finally returning to a comfortable groove between school and work. Christmas vacation, quickly followed by a Covid infestation, caused our routine to implode. With everybody back on track I am finally reigning in the chaos. 

The sun is shining today and, although it is cold, it always makes me happier when it is bright outside. This afternoon I hope that I can unplug for a few hours and go for a long walk with Friend. He has become my little walking buddy and I have come to rely upon that time to decompress from the stress of the house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment