About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 08, 2022

Struggling

 Sigh. 

While yesterday was better than Tuesday, the strides were not as great as we had hoped. We sailed through the morning with rocky waves, but our boat nearly tipped over in the afternoon. Timmy became confused at the beginning of a lesson and was in tears by the time he was supposed to work on his project. 

After calming him down he was able to contact his teacher privately for help. Within a few minutes he was on the right path and was working independently. Hopefully Timmy will learn to request assistance before he gets to tears, saving us both frustration and heartache. 

In addition to helping Timmy navigate his new school expectations, my heart continues to break for my brother. He is scheduled for an amputation tomorrow. Just writing that sentence has rocked my foundation. I have helped hundreds of individuals as they transitioned to an amputee, but this is the first time I am in this role as a family member.

It feels surreal. 

As of this morning my brother remains non compliant. He is refusing to sign the consent for the surgery which is a fatal mistake. While I'm eternally hopeful that he will change his mind, the uncertainty of this horrible situation is difficult to manage. Today I'm going to stay busy with the boys even though my heart is in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment