About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 07, 2022

The Second Day has to be Better.

 I'm not going to lie, yesterday was rough. Timmy's excitement for his first day at his new school quickly waned as his frustrations grew and the hours ticked by. We had worked over the weekend, preparing everything that he would need for school. He woke up early, enjoyed a big breakfast and readied himself for his new academic adventure.

Unfortunately, we were not able to log into the academic platform until yesterday morning. If we had been able to learn the programs I think a lot of our frustration could have been minimized. Instead, we were thrown into the deep end as we tried to manage the various computer tabs. By 11:30 he was in tears.

I spent his lunch break crying in the bathroom. 

After we took a break, walked Friend and regrouped, we were able to finish the afternoon strong. I had a conference with his teachers after class and was assured that he will learn the technology quickly. I was promised that he would adjust to the schedule and the flow within a week. 

I hope that she is correct because I don't want another day like yesterday. It was horrible! Second grade did not start strong, but hopefully it can only improve over yesterday.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment