About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Healed

 For the first time in nearly three weeks, we are fever-free in the house. My goodness this has been a long and frustrating ordeal. I haven't been that ill in nearly a decade. I am grateful for the vaccination and the boosters because I don't want to imagine how I would have fared if I wasn't protected.

With everybody on the path to recovery we are trying to return to normal. Timmy and Robby will be busy at school today while I tackle some work projects. The rainy weather continues to keep us inside but I'm not complaining. I feel better but I still lack the energy and the endurance for a lot of physical activities. I am going to have to pace myself to regain my strength. 

While I hated being sick, being forced to stay still has helped my leg. The skin sores have closed and healed, allowing me to walk without pain. My leg seems to fit more comfortably, although I don't know if the comfort is because I am still only walking short distances. Either way, I will happily accept the lack of pain as a benefit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment