About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 06, 2022

Paced

Slowly but surely, I am regaining my strength and my ability to breath. While I still struggle with endurance, I am able to get through the day without becoming dizzy (always a good thing). I still go to bed early but, considering how ill I was just last week, I consider myself lucky. I can handle an early bedtime for a few more weeks as long as I can get through the day without collapsing from coughing. 

Robby and Timmy are further along on the road to recovery than me. While they still cough, it is not as frequent or as violent as it was just a few days ago. They both have full energy reserves and, much to Scott's chagrin, they are not going to bed early. In other words, they both stay up later than me and bedtime is now Scott's responsibility.

Soon I will be back to normal, but in the meantime I am forced to pace myself. Slowing down is not something that comes naturally, but it is definitely necessary. I am determined to not set myself back in my recovery because of a stubborn refusal to pace myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment