About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 03, 2022

Done with Covid

 For the first time in over a week I woke up feeling happy and well.  My head no longer hurts. I can breath deeply without wheezing and I can walk more than 10 feet without becoming dizzy from the lack of oxygen. I know that it is going to take me awhile to regain my strength, but I am delighted to have turned the page on my battle with Covid.

I spent the weekend working on my computer, napping on the couch and binge watching Hulu. The steady rainfall provided the perfect backdrop for my hibernation weekend. The only thing that was missing was the smell of freshly baking cookies wafting out of my kitchen. While I normally attack the first few days with baking enthusiasm, this time I didn't have the energy to toil in my kitchen. I'm sure that I'll resume baking soon, but right now I'm content to light a bakery scented candle while cracking open a bag of Oreos.

Hopefully I was able to rest enough this weekend because this week is going to keep me busy. I think the next few days I am going to need to make a concerted effort to pace myself. I really don't want to end up back in the sick bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment