About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 21, 2022

Picture Day

 Happy Friday!

This week has been busy but productive. Between Covid and our trip to NYC, I was feeling overwhelmed with projects and clutter. Slowly but surely, I am back on track with everything. It has been a long time since I walked into a weekend feeling like I am entitled to relax.

Of course, before we can begin the weekend I have to get through today. Until I opened my email this morning I had completely forgotten that both boys have school photos today. Their classmates will be wearing new clothes and fresh haircuts. Mine will be strutting in front of the camera sporting antiquated locks and a naturally disheveled look. 

Hamlet, always making his own unique impression, will also be photographed with 1/2 of his face colored a fading smurf blue. I picked him up yesterday and he had colored half of his body (face, arm and leg) with a blue marker. We scrubbed and showered for more than 30 minutes, leaving a blue stain and splatter across my vanity, tub and bathroom floor. We were able to wash away much of the blue, but the shadow remains. 

When I asked him why, he explained that he saw it on the TV when he was watching the football game with his dad.  He told me that he thought it looked fun, but he didn't know that it was a special make-up until his teacher explained it to him. Perhaps seeing my frustration, he cheerfully offered that he was able to take a photo of his face and he uploaded it for his "creative" assignment at school.

Sigh. Oh well. Another mom fail I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment