About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 17, 2022

Weekend Wrap-Up

 What a beautiful autumn weekend! The weather was clear and crisp which, after a muggy and bug filled summer, was delightful. I appreciate every season, but the combination of colors and cool air makes autumn feel magical. After Covid and our NYC getaway, this was the first healthy weekend I have spent at home in a long time. It was nice to have a "feel good" weekend again.

On Saturday we headed to Haymarket Day, which is a community street fair in a nearby town. Every year the boys look forward to visiting the various vendors to obtain as many giveaways as possible. By the time we walked through the entire event I was lugging home three bags overflowing with branded pencils, toothbrushes and hand sanitizer bottles. Towards the end of the event I was struggling to keep up with my family, but this time the issue was my stamina and not my leg. (I still fatigue quickly when I'm walking because of Covid.)

Yesterday Timmy and I spent the afternoon reworking his bedroom to accommodate his school supplies. He is delighted to have a workspace in his room and I'm happy to have the school materials moved from my living room. Hopefully virtual school works well from his bedroom because I'm tired of tiptoeing through my day. It will be nice to have the house back!












No comments:

Post a Comment