About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Thriving

Despite only being away for two days, I am struggling to get back into a routine. Yesterday I felt like I was floating through the hours, trying to tend fires at every interval. Is it too early to declare my need for another vacation?

Thankfully the boys are not struggling to resume their schedules. Timmy has been attacking his new curriculum like a champion. Being in class for 7 hours a day took an adjustment for my feral little boy, but he is thriving through the structure. I have never seen him so energized and excited about learning. Each day he eagerly runs to me with his journal in hand, frantic to show me what he mastered or discovered. He is growing academically, socially and emotionally and I could not be happier with his accomplishments.

Robby continues to chug his way through his classes. He offers minimal complaints and is fairly self-sufficient with his schedule. I still cannot believe that he will start exploring colleges soon. Sigh. I suppose that is a topic for another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment