About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Waiting

Yesterday morning I learned that a friend's daughter suddenly passed away. I've never met her daughter, but her loss struck me deeply. I cannot fathom the heartache that my friend is feeling right now. I pray that I never know her reality.I am not ashamed to admit that I hugged the boys a little longer last night.

Life can change in an instant. By this point in my life, I shouldn't be surprised by that reality. I've had my own life switch tracks without warning so I certainly appreciate the vulnerability of our plans and dreams. Lately, it feels like the Universe has been working overtime to remind me of our fragility.

My brother is back in the hospital, this time battling an infection in his amputation site. I am worried and frazzled because I know there is nothing that I can do to help. Sitting idly by and waiting is not a strength. I wish I could be active in his care, but circumstances have conspired for a different approach. I am forced to wait and hope. 

I've never been good at waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment