About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, April 04, 2023

College Tours

 Sunday was all about Timmy, but yesterday my focus was Robby. I was fortunate enough to accompany him on his first college tour. We drove down to the University of Mary Washington, which is a beautiful little state school in Fredericksburg VA. The weather was beautiful and I don't think I could have planned a prettier day to walk around a campus. 

It is so hard to believe that I am touring colleges with Rob. I look in his big brown eyes and I still see the little boy who used to play pirates and fish in the stream. I see his smile and I remember all of the silly games we used to play. Then I look at his full beard and I realize that he is indeed old enough to be evaluating colleges. 

Although I thoroughly enjoyed the tour, I relished the time with Rob. We had a great time chatting to and from the school. He is such an interesting person and I love spending time with him. I know that, wherever he ends up, he is going to thrive.  




No comments:

Post a Comment