About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 22, 2023

Big Climb

 Robby seems to be having an amazing time in New Orleans. He does not text often, but when he does the messages are filled with excitement and the few photos that he has shared show nothing but smiles.  I certainly miss him but I am glad that he is not in constant contact. The fact that he is too busy to text me is a good thing for him. I am happy to follow along on his adventure through the official messages provided through the museum staff.

With Robby away, Timmy is thoroughly enjoying his week of attention and fun. Yesterday he enjoyed pancakes, bacon and breakfast fries (long cut homemade hash browns) for breakfast before embarking on his unknown adventure for the day. To his delight, he had a rock climbing lesson and was able to climb for nearly 90 minutes. When he finally took the harness and helmet off he was a sweaty and exhausted little mess. But he was happy!

Today it is raining and Friend has an ear infection so our plans are going to have to be flexible. We had planned to take him to the Heavy Metal Playground to drive a bulldozer but the rain is going to wash out those plans. I also want to stay relatively close to home so that we can pick up Friend when he is done with the vet. The poor little pup has an ear infection and the only appointment we could get is a drop-off. I hate leaving him there, but I detest seeing him in pain more. 

I'm not sure about today's adventure, but I'm sure I'll think of something!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment