About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Emergency Doughnut

 Yikes!

Despite having my countdown snowman out and happily illuminating the days until Christmas since September, I find Thanksgiving sneaking up on me. I can't believe Turkey Day is next week! The past few weeks have flown by and feel like a whirl. Between work, school projects and creating and selling FlexyFriends, my days have been busy and there hasn't been a lot of downtime. I have a feeling that trend will continue through the season. 

I had wanted to participate in the "Grateful Challenge" but I lost track of time. Sigh. Oh well. I guess it isn't too late to get started.

Today I'm grateful that the boys have settled into their school routines. Timmy now needs very little assistance and intervention from me during the day. With the exception of helping him locate some last minute supplies, he is logged in and interacting with his classmates during school.  The fact that I no longer need to sit next to him has been liberating!

On Tuesday I was getting him ready for school when I realized that he had colorful sprinkles embedded in the back of his hair. It looked like a colorful rat nest. Brushing his hair, I had to ask him how he got sprinkles in the mix. He looked at me with the straightest face and simply answered, "Oh, I had an accident and fell asleep in my emergency doughnut."

Emergency doughnut? 

This child is definitely my son!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment