About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 13, 2023

Pop-Up Shop

I never imagined that it would be so enjoyable to sit inside a mall for three consecutive days, but I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. Not only was the FlexyFriends pop-up store successful, but I had a great time interacting with all of the wonderful families who stopped by to shop. Santa arrived at the mall on Saturday which definitely helped with foot traffic. Robby and I were busy all day!

Because our event was spread out over three days, we decided to divide and conquer. Scott went with me to help me set up on Friday but I finished out the day by myself because he needed to get home to take care of the Timmy. On Saturday Robby spent the day with me selling while Scott stayed home. On Sunday they switched and Robby stayed home with Timmy while Scott went to the mall to help me sell and clean up. As an added bonus, my sister made a surprise trip down to spend a few hours and help out on Sunday. It was wonderful to be able to spend a few hours hanging out, selling and chatting.  

After a busy weekend, I feel a bit frazzled starting the new week. I haven't had a chance to decompress and my at home to-do list is overwhelming.  Ready or not, I guess I need to get started working.

Have a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment